Monday, August 11, 2008

Rural Nepal

So tomorrow me and Shem will embark on our voyage into 4 rural Nepali villages. One of which i, tatangchi i will be the first white boy to visit. Due to land slides we will have a very long walk as the road is blocked along the way. but thats to be expected as we are going their in monsoon season. we got the bus tickets yesterday and the ticket person said its going to be a very packed but ride so i might be traveling their on the roof, i hope its not raining. Its kinda hard to know what to expect, Shem thinks their is a good chance i will cry when i see the conditions of the people. I'm sure its going to be quite an experience. I've prepared a few messages 2 of the villages have churches 2 do not (depending on your definition of church i guess I'm talking about buildings). So I'll be speaking on Saturday at the church service in Nessing (remember Saturday services here not Sunday) and a few more time at some prayer gatherings.
In other new i started making my own coffee here. When Nathan, Ben, and Bryn(poncho) were here last week we spent some time in Gorkha at pastor Raju's parents home they have a coffee tree and ended up hooking me up with some beans. Its quite a lengthy project for a cup of coffee, deshelling the beans trying to roast them in a frying pan, burning them in a frying pan and starting over eventually getting a half decent roasted bean cutting it up with a knife and eventually brewing a cup in Shem's peculator. not a bad cup of coffee but the love i put into it made it taste pretty sweet, no need for sugar.
Anyway you'll hear from me again in a couple weeks when I'm back

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tony - hope you make it back alive with Shem. How is the momo intake these days? Give my regards to Raju, Shem and Noel for me. God Bless.

Ben

Unknown said...

Hey Tony,
Glad to hear you are still having a great time in Nepal. Missed you at Kevin and Amanda's wedding, but I'm sure we'll see you again soon enough. Take care and keep posting, its so interesting to hear about your 'exploits' ;)
Trish

john said...

Tony - interested in playing hockey with the Duncalfe team when you make it back? let me know at: dependableskeleton@hotmail.com

cost is $200 flat per guy. send me a yay or nay and whatever number you want. Barf sends love.