Thursday, September 11, 2008

And so life in Kathmandu goes on and I'm getting to the point where living here feels a little less like an adventure and a little more of just living in Nepal, not in a bad way. Even wrighting this blog i'm thinking what to wright, I'm just doing my normal Kathmandu routine

Yeah so i'm still going to house fellowships mon, tues, thurs, friday sometimes leading them and at the fasting prayer Wednesday and hanging out with the former street boys in the evenings. I started running in the mornings, I'm waking up at about 5:30-6:00 and going to bed at around 10:30 sometimes a little earlier. Its been nice getting to spend a lot more time reading. Their is a missionary couple at the church and I've got some books off them. I'm starting to really look forward to coming home though i know I'm gunna miss a lot of the people out here and some of the culture though.
I'll be going sometime within the next few days to visit a jail here in Kathmandu. jails here sound a little different than back at home having talked to some of the boys who have been in them. Actuality the boys here were pretty jealous of Canadian prisoners when i told them that they get to eat meat every day. Here its usually just a once a week. Nepali people like to eat a small mountain of rice for every meal. Its not just thats thats all they have they actuality need to eat huge amounts of rice. almost always served with lentils and some curry. Usually no utensils are used to eat you just use your right hand, and only your right hand for obvious reasons.

No comments: