Saturday, September 13, 2008

Interesting Things in Nepal

"Their is a saying here in Nepal... husband is like god" just part of a conversation i had with one of my friends here. This is coming from a 35ish married man talking to me about well you can figure out what about. Keeping in mind that it is coming out of the framework of a polythiestic society and their gods not carrying as much power and reverence as the christian God but still, pretty impressive.
I met a YWAM (youth with a mission) team from Brazil the other day. They were super good musicians and had a team of dancers and jugglers and fire breathers that was very much carnival and a lot of fun. I got to know one guy pretty well who hooked me up with some brazilian punk and hardcore music and a CASEY JONES CD and though this isnt excitiong news to any of you not know or caring about casey jones it is pretty awesome. Any way they taught me how to samba dance.

1 comment:

Moira said...

Tony doing the samba?!?! My world as I know it is over, but I like this new world that I'm learning about, the one where Tony can Samba!! You'll have to show me when you get home. Praying for you.